We are delighted here at The Wishing Chair to be able to stock Lauras weaves, Have a look at her dreamy pieces of work, a gorgeous gift for any home!
A little bit about Laura....
I am a modern tapestry weaver. I am originally from Belfast but have lived in Donegal for the past two years. I started weaving in the summer of 2019 and it quickly became a passion. I am fascinated by the history of weaving in Ireland and feel very privileged that I get to continue that. I use quality natural and luxury fibres in my work such as merino, mohair, silk and velvet.
I love that through my own small business I can support small independent suppliers well.
Weaves available at The Wishing Chair.
- Large tapestry measuring 12 inches wide in neutral and mink.
- Locally made in all natural fibres, including mohair, merino, cotton, wool, Donegal Aran Tweed, and hung on Donegal driftwood.
2.'Rainbow' Circle Weave
- Rainbow Circle Weave measuring 10 inches diameter, with a 4 inch drop.
- Handwoven using all natural fibres, including merino, mohair, alpaca, Donegal Aran Tweed, wool and cotton. Mounted on a wrapped metal frame and hung on a drop with polished wooden beads
3.'Pearls' in Mint and Peach.
- 7inch wide tapestry in peach, mint and tan.
- Locally handwoven using natural fibres, including wool, merino and cotton, and hung on Donegal driftwood.
4.'Pearls' in Neutral
- 7inch wide tapestry in neutral and tan.
- Locally handwoven using all natural fibres, including merino, cotton, wool, cotton frizz, and alpaca. Hung on Donegal driftwood.
5.'Pearls' in Denim and Purple
- 7inch wide tapestry in shades of blue and purple.
- Locally handwoven using velvet, Donegal Aran Tweed, merino, wool, cotton, acrylic, and recycled denim. Hung on Donegal driftwood.